Monday, June 1, 2009

con't

The point of this is we need to make this situation aware to all.

We need to make it acknowledged and known.

We need to urge our masjids to have workshops for programs such as this, that address this.
We have way too many that discuss the usual topics we hear at masjids but not something like this.
We need to put in more suggestions for topics like this to be addressed.

We need more support groups, and counseling sessions for couples, and counseling sessions for sisters that has endured through pain, and sessions for our children.

We need outlets for where our children can go when they are in need.
We need more women shelters out there.

We need more treatment programs out there for people that have angerment issues.
We need more than what we can do with so little people we have, which is why we need to form together with all the different organizations and form as one, with the different branches within, yet still reaching out to the community, and reaching out to the people to join and contribute and give.

When someone asked me what I wanted out of this, I said I wanted it to be known as I speak from experience.
I also want to make sure it does not happen again to anyone I know and wouldn't get the opportunity to know because of it.
I do not want our children to go through it, even though some will say its bound to happen.

I'm going to say no it is not bound to happen if we all speak out to break the cycle.
I will try to do everything in my power, and everything in my will to help my children get through this, and to know they're not alone.
I will do everything in my strength to be brave and not be shut down.

I will continue to do this, so my children do not have to repeat this to their own families when they have grown, and to their own children in passing off the abuse to one another.

I feel that even though it is taught the abuse, you as a grown person or a person, have a choice.

You can repeat the cycle and continue to abuse in the sense that it's right within your mind, i.e. that person deserved it, they asked for it, they're to blame, it's their fault...blah blah blah...yada yada yada. I've heard it all. Try something else.

OR

You can say, Yes this happened to me. Yes it was wrong. Yes it was bad. Yes I went through a lot. Yes I felt alone. Yes I felt betrayed. Yet I felt like it just wasn't right.
But! As a grown person, I vow not to let that happen to anyone else. I vow not to let history repeat itself, I vow not to let my own family, my own children, my own friends go through what I have gone through as I can see how it is from the "INSIDE" and I know, Allah will give me strength to stop myself from getting into it.

YES, we all have our faults, and mistakes, and our sins.

But, we have to note here. What the abuse is, it's not covering up a fault, or a mistake.
Abuse isn't a fault or a mistake. It's a sin. A huge sin. A major sin. But, it's a type of sin that you shouldn't cover up under the rug and pretend it does not exist.
It's a type of sin, which is also against the law according to Islam, and humanity.

Whether a person is physically abused, emotionally, verbally, mentally, psychologically, sexually, intellectually, financially, economically, and etc.
It's still wrong and if me speaking out against it causes a lot of uproar within the Internet.
so be it.
I do not care. Why? Because despite we have a vast majority of people frequenting the Internet from all over.

If I can hope and pray and make it matter to one person somewhere out in the world, not to lose hope, not to give up, not to surrender, not to feel alone.
Then I know I did the right thing.
And I know from a lot of positive comments I've received.
Despite there's been a huge backlash of negativity comments, that's their own ignorance. As they say, there are two sides to a story. Yes.
They are telling you theirs. I'm sharing with you mine.
Take it or leave it.

But know......my benefit is to stop it...
for your little baby's sake.... so she does not say to you, this happened to her and no one cared.

The worse thing a parent can hear is them being hurt, and you could have done nothing to prevent it, you want to do your best to protect your child from harm, you try to protect them from talking to strangers and going with strangers.
yet this happens to them, and it's either from strangers, or even worse from someone they know, someone they trusted and that's how they are treated
im sorry.
but that's just wrong.

And if that means I'm ranting, raving, whatever.
so be it.
Allah knows my intentions, and feels my intentions so Allah has given me the strength.
and I pray Allah continues to give the guidance, and strength, and patience to stick this through.
insha'Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment